- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Aug 15 2018
- Time: 18:00 - 18:00
- Pathway to Funding and Investments for Start-ups – Startup Huddle
- Aug 16 2018
- 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
“WHAT’S NEXT IN LIFESTYLE INNOVATION?” Startup Huddle
In this Information Age, social media and the Internet have created a whole new way of doing business and making more money. Today individuals are earning a living through knowledge sharing and leveraging opportunities that they wouldn’t have 10 years ago. This offers entrepreneurs with the opportunity of creating lifestyle businesses centred around solving a specific problem for a specific niche’ market. A lifestyle business is also formed from an individual’s passion and generating a profit from it.
As Africa emerges as the next big market, with a population of over 1 billion there are great opportunities for lifestyle entrepreneurs. However, for these type of businesses to remain sustainable particularly in Africa they will require continuous improvement in product or services offering through innovation and technology. The goal of a true lifestyle entrepreneur is to create a business that is continuously innovative and has enough assets to provide an income and the desired lifestyle without the need for the entrepreneur to work within the business any longer.
Speakers will share insights and experiences on how individuals may transform and innovate their lifestyle business or idea.
- Insight into trends and opportunities of lifestyle innovation particularly in Africa
- Providing practical tools and methods for innovation and revenue generation
- Investment opportunities available for lifestyle innovation
- Learning experiences from lifestyle founders
- Providing feedback to start-ups facing challenges
- 17:30 - 18:00
- 18:00 - 18:05
- 18:05 - 18:20
- Loyiso Vatsha, Co-Founder , Mapha FoodShare App Product Presentation
- The Mapha app is a food sharing platform that allows people to post, buy, sell & share home cooked meals from individuals within their neighbourhood
- 18:20 - 18:30
- Group Huddle
- 18:30 - 18:45
- Presentation by Andrew Le Roux, Chief Business Transformation Officer, MMI Holdings
- 18:45 - 19:00
- Product and Expansion presentation by Enrico Ferigolli, Co-Founder Bottles App
- An on-demand alcohol delivery app that delivers ice cold alcoholic beverages to within 60 minutes.
- 19:00 - 19:10
- Presentation by Jeremy Bauman, Senior Consultant, Early Stage Financing, World Bank Group
- 19:10 - 19:30
- Q & A
- 19:30 - 20:00